Even though she doesn't like the burning of the books, I think she is more mad than confused. Her family has a past with firemen but she trys to put the past behind her. Guy pictures her like a daughter he never had, which is strange because she seems to act very smart. Smarter than Guy because she reads and he burns.
Monday, March 17, 2014
Characterization: Fahrenheit 451
I think Clarisse is a good character for characterization because she has a lot of qualities that make her different. I picture her being very intelligent, young, and always having a tired look on her face. She loves to read even though it's not legal. She trys to show Guy that reading isn't a bad thing and that firemen shouldn't burn the books. A quote by her that kind of shows her personality would be,"I'm antisocial, they say. I don't mix. It's so strange. I'm very social indeed. It all depends on what you mean by social, doesn't it? Social to me means talking to you about things like this." This shows Clarisse likes talking to Guy Montag and she thinks the way they talk to each other, is her only way of being social. It seems like she doesn't have any friends because of her reading "obsession"
Even though she doesn't like the burning of the books, I think she is more mad than confused. Her family has a past with firemen but she trys to put the past behind her. Guy pictures her like a daughter he never had, which is strange because she seems to act very smart. Smarter than Guy because she reads and he burns.
Even though she doesn't like the burning of the books, I think she is more mad than confused. Her family has a past with firemen but she trys to put the past behind her. Guy pictures her like a daughter he never had, which is strange because she seems to act very smart. Smarter than Guy because she reads and he burns.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment