Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Imagery

I am currently about half way through The Fault in Our Stars and I have found a lot of examples of imagery. One example is, "As the phone rang, I sat down on the grass, which was all overgrown and dandeliony. That swing set was still back there, weeds growing out of the little ditch I'd created from kicking myself higher as a little kid...The sky was gray and low and full of rain but not yet raining."
In this part of the book I can really picture in my head what it would look like outside and the swing set that Hazel described. Picturing what it would look like outside really describes the mood that she was in at the time. Dreary and Hazy. Usually when it looks like this outside, it just puts me in a bad mood. That's how I think she was feeling when she picked up the phone.

Hazel also seems to be feeling kind of lonely in the past couple chapters that I have read and she doesn't say why but I can tell by the way she talks to her mom and to Augustus. Hopefully everything clears up and there is more to see in her then just her loving Augustus but barely showing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment