Since the book is in First person, Miles Halter's view, him meeting Alaska was different than if I was meeting her. Miles sees her as a very attractive girl and so far she hasn't really made a great deal of conversation with him. Chip takes Miles to her dorm room to get cigarettes, even though Miles doesn't smoke. Both of the boys go down to the creek to talk and then Alaska comes down to meet them. Miles is just stunned at how beautiful she is and describes her features very thoroughly. Since Chip is older than Miles, he tells him about the school and who to avoid. Alaska tells both of them about some weird experiences that she had over the summer and Miles doesn't seem very interested in her story but seems very interested in Alaska herself.
I have a feeling that Alaska and Miles are going to get to know each other alot more and discover the world around them with Colonel. I found this drawing that I thought was really cute and was similar to what I pictured the characters would look like. The only thing was that Colonel looks like he is mad for some reason and I'm wondering why that is. Alaska looks super happy to be with them but mostly Pudge because she has her arm around him so I think that's a sign that something is going to happen.
I hope you love this book as much as I did and hope you read more John Green books because all of them are outstanding
ReplyDelete